Saturday, January 7, 2012

T-Minus 24 hours.....

      January 8th...that's tomorrow...that is the day that I have designated to begin on what will most likely be one of the most challenging / rewarding journeys of my 33 years. Speaking of 33 that is partly why I am doing a 60 day juice fast. I turn 34 soon...as in 65 days from today I will be hitting my next birthday and in all honesty I don't want to feel like shit anymore. I made resolutions for this year--no more fast food/no soda (even though I dont partake in either very often I still have deleted it from my life completely) go to the gym 3 days a week minimum , but I need to do more. I need to detox--I need to revamp my eating--I need to have ENERGY! I have so much I want to do but the energy levels I have to do the things I want  doesn't exist. I am not sure why I am plagued with the energy levels of a 70 year old but it really has to stop and a juice fast sounds like just the trick to bring my mind and body together on the same page. Of course I know another  end result of this fast is also going to be weight loss and seeing as how I would love to lose quite a bit of weight (like 100 lbs) that doesn't hurt either. Sure I am 6'1" and curvy but lets be honest..I want to be in better shape and if I could feel my hip bones then BONUS!

So tomorrow I begin on 60 days to a better me....and today I prepped so I will be ready to take the first step and so I would have no excuses to getting started.

First stop this morning was a trip to Target to check out and to purchase the most important kitchen appliance needed for my 2 month adventure-the juicer.
I chose a Jack La Lanne Power Juicer that seems to come with decent reviews and even though he is dead I remember meeting Jack years ago when I worked for a health club and he seemed pretty decent--why not support him post mortum?


Is it odd to say that I was excited to blow my parent's pretty generous Christmas present gift card on a juicer?? Well I was!

So for less than $20 out of pocket I have a brand new juicer that will undoubtly rock out some bad ass juice combos for me :)

Next stop was the grocery store. Now I live in an area with a high quality farmer's market--pretty much the best market in a 50 mile radius which means that although I could probally have found somewhat better quality produce than what a grocery store offers I was not in the mood to fight crowds just to get some better kale. Also the grocery store is right next to Target so I figured my intial shopping trip could begin at  the grocery and then next week I can check out the farmer's market and see where I can get the best bang for my buck.

Pac N Save (which is sister to Safeway if you are familiar with that store) actually has a huge selection of produce. I was able to buy all this (and about double what I have shown) for less than $90.00.

Thanks to Makisha and her supreme scanning skills I also got a $10.00 coupon to use before January 15 so all in all I spent $80 on enough fruits/veggies to last me a good part of the week. 


My diet will be 4 32oz glasses of juice everyday (minimum) so A LOT of veggies/fruits are going to be neccessary for 28 "meals".

My shopping list included:
lemons
cucumbers
spinach
fuji apples
granny smith apples
kale
jalapenos
tomatoes
celery
carrots
strawberries
raspberries

If you take $80 and divide it by 28 meals that will come out to appx $2.86 for each meal so that sounds pretty sweet and is even less than what I pay for all the "healthy" microwave meals I live off of for lunch and dinner.

So I got the juicer and I have the food to stick in it. The only thing that I may still have to buy is some sort of sealed container to take my juice to work in. If I go to the gym in the a.m., juice before I go to work I will need something to eat/drink at work so I will have to figure out how to keep my drink fresh until lunch. I will juice when I get home--go to the gym again and then juice before I go to bed.

I have to confess that I am REALLY excited to get my juice on. I am excited to start this Juicin' Journey and to begin feeling better about myself physically and mentally. Its going to be a tough 60 days but I KNOW I can do it.

Until tomorrow.........

No comments:

Post a Comment